Sunday, October 17, 2010

"If you can be on any game show..."

If I could be on any game show it would be Deal or No Deal:

The crowd is cheering and I'm smiling. I have two choices on the board, 200,000 dollars and 1,000,000 dollars. (We all know how the game plays, if not google it please) The host, Howie Mandel, smiles along with me. Suddenly, the room goes red and Howie picks up a cell phone. I knew who he was talking to. The banker. The guy who tries to buy your special suitcase in trade for a lot of money. I smirked as I remember how I rejected 99,000. Yes, that was a lot of money but I'm still playing now. Howie gets off the phone and turns to me.
"Kimberly, you got to think about this now. This is your final offer."
"Yeah, wow," I smiled.
"This offer is guaranteed," he said as he circles around me. "It's huge."
"I believe that."
"You ready?"
"Yeah."
"561,000!"
The crowd woos loudly as I gasped at the large amount of money. I could buy that new car I wanted. The crowd is clapping and cheering as I start to think Deal or No Deal. To the far right side of me, my mom and two of my friends are cheering me on.
"Ok, hold on, " I said, pointing my finger at my mom, who is waiting to speak to me.
"Hold on, lets hear want she wants to say," said Howie as he calms the crowd down.
My mom looks at me and says, "Kimberly, you been envisioning this! You brought this whole thing about! You call every one of those! You know the millions in the suitcase, you can't lose! You're going to be the first million dollar winner, I guaranteed that!"
The crowd cheers some more as one of my friends start to speak.
"You know, I am the most conservative person when it comes to this game---"
"I know."
"--- But I have to agree with your mom in this rare occasion. NO DEAL!!"
The cheers cheers as I turn to Howie.
"So for the final time tonight, I ask Kimberly, Deal or No Deal?"
I looked at the game board. "That is a lot of money right there, but I'm going to have to say..... NO DEAL,YA'LL!!!!" I slammed the clear cover holding the red button and started screaming and cheering with the crowd. The room suddenly turned orange.
"OMG, what did I do?" I said laughing.
"Ok, now I'm going to ask you another question. Ok gusty lady, you just turned down a half million dollars----"
"Oh my gosh..."
"561,000."
"That is a lot of money!"
"It is."
"Yes!"
"How does it feel? What are you thinking?"
I paused and pointed at my suitcase. "I want to open this!"
"Well, the question is 'do you want to swamp it?"
"No way!"
"No?"
"Yeah that's right, no!"
"One is worth 200, 000 dollars and the other is worth a million dollars . So you're going home with your case."
The crowd claps and cheers for me. I turned to the crowd and smiled my biggest smile yet."Ya'll ready to see history?" The crowd goes into an uproar and I turned to Howie, waiting for him to open the case.
"Kimberly Tillett, one is worth 200,000 and the other is worth a million.You have gone all the way, you turn down every offer, you are going home with what's in your case. Your case is worth....."
Tension filled the air. I can hear my heart beating so fast, I can't stop it. Did I ever think about did I make the wrong choice? Sometimes, yeah. But in the end, it all paid off.
".......1,000,000 DOLLARS!!!!!!"
My eyes widen as I started to scream. I won a million dollars! OH MY GOD, THIS IS AMAZING!!! Confetti, family, and friends surrounded me as the crowd is yelling and screaming along with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment